— Posted in Uncategorized

Parents Plan Funeral For 10-Yr-Old With Cancer. Then She Opens Eyes, Says 7 Words That Leave Them Stunned

Consider yourself lucky if you have a healthy life full of joyous moments because not every receives what you have. Are you ready to read about Abby Furco’s life? Tissues to wash away your tears would be handy.


Let’s just say that some people are just born with terrible fate. Abby is indeed one of them. She’s never had a normal childhood. She didn’t go to school regularly or never really had any girlfriends for that matter. For most of her life, she’s known only one thing, CANCER.

Back in 2011, She was just a 4 when she was first diagnosed with Leukemia. Back then, doctors only gave her a 20 percent chance of survival. Her family was obviously shattered. Nothing seemed right!

The Family

“We were devastated, we were basically told that she was going to die, there was very little hope,” Abby’s Mom said. For 6 years straight, the family did everything they could to somehow bring peace in their sweethearts life. Abby underwent a bone marrow transplant, intense chemotherapy and radiation treatments, and a trial drug.

Her Mom further said, “We kept her surrounded by love because we knew at any moment we could lose her, there were moments we didn’t know if she’d pull through, she has so many infections that could have ended her life. All we could do was watch her fight and try to get better.” But 2013 was a great year.

Abby completed all her treatments and was finally a cancer free kid after a very long time. But things weren’t merrier for long.

Keep reading ahead to see what happened next.

And Again

In the following September, the cancer returned, and this time it was worse than ever. “As hard as that first diagnosis was, this one tested every ounce of our being, she became completely immobile, any movement hurt her and she hardly spoke.” Abby’s Mom said.

First, she started suffering from Graft-versus-host disease, a condition where the donated marrow begins to attack the body. In the next month her kidney’s gave up as well. Nothing was left. Her life was over. Doctors suggested to call all the relatives. Grandparents flew in to say a final goodbye. Parents started planning Abby’s funeral and this is when something happened.


Abby woke up and said, ‘I have so much living to do.’ No one could simply believe that. Abby slowly started to recover. “We watched her die and come back to life,” her Mom said. Today, Abby is living a new and a better life. A much healthier life in fact!